Monday, November 21, 2011

Movie Review: Breaking Dawn


So Hayley and I convinced Baby Tay Tay to come along with us for a girls movie night to watch Breaking Dawn. After a co-worker had told me that the movie theater was full half an hour before showtime (on a Friday) I was emphatic that we get to the theater early, even though Taylor said, "Brooke no one goes to see a movie on a Monday night... besides us!" She was right. We had lots of time to kill and started having fun giving each other "new names" like changing Taylor to Rolyat or Lortay. I cracked up until I cried when we came up with Hayley's "Yelyah".


I admit I was pretty skeptical at first; I mean, how were they going to make a movie about Bella being pregnant? Wouldn't it be incredibly boring and um... awkward?



I found this movie interesting and disturbing. Compared to her acting in the first two, I thought Kristen Stewart does an incredible job in this film! There wasn't a moment of awkwardness between her and Robert Pattinson. I can't wait see what she's like as a Vampire-ess!! The movie has plenty of comedy in it and I loved how they portrayed Jacob's "imprinting".



Yet, it wasn't long before my sisters and I were squirming in our seats. I felt all color drain from my face the moment Bella's back and knees broke and was nauseous from that moment on. I noticed Taylor break into a sweat and she closed her eyes but that made it worse because she could only hear the sound effects and the rest was her imagination!! She said she wanted to get up and go to the washroom, but didn't think she would make it. She also confessed to opening her eyes for the Jacob parts. I think I know which team she's on. ;)



Anyways, apparently we aren't cut out for the intense theatrics in this movie. We thought parents who brought their young children to see the movie would be horrified of the intense birthing scene... its pretty gruesome. That being said, when I recounted my experience to others they were surprised and said, "That's funny. It didn't bother me at all!"



Alas, we have to wait one more year until final movie comes out!! I would lie if I said I wasn't curious to see it... or excited.

No comments:

 

Aloha Ke Akua - "God Is Love" | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates