Friday, May 25, 2007

Those GC Teleservices days...

Ok, so about 5 weeks ago I started work as an account representative at GC services. I won't lie that I'm very relieved and happy to be done my time there but I did meet some very sweet people! One girl in particular, Katie, helped make the long days pass by faster. She's the one who would sit beside me and at random times throughout the day would lean over and say in dead seriousness, "Do you know your nose is constantly growing?" We shared quite a few laughs... and I will share them with you!! Hopefully they make sense. Just remember, my job was to contact Americans regarding their credit card debt with Capitol One. All of our customers are well aware of their situations, and more often than not, there hadn't been a payment on their account for the past 6 months. Sadly many of the times it was regarding a death, bankruptcy, fraud, or sometimes the customers were just lazy and angry. So here goes... hope you enjoy!!

Cardholder: Quit calling me!
Rep: I'm sorry ma'am, but you called me.
Cardholder: I did not! I just picked up the phone downstairs and you were there!
Rep: Ma'am, I'm working inbound. Please tell me your name so that I can look up your account.
Cardholder: But you called me at home! You should know what my name is!
Rep: Ma'am, obviously this call is going no where because you keep saying I called you when I didn't. I'm going to hang up now, ok? You'll get a call from us in a few days.
Cardholder: (long pause) But I'm not at home, I'm at work!! Stop calling!!

NOT KIDDING, on my last day of work one cardholder's account had a note stating that "Cardholder often blows whistle or airhorn into phone." Basically, I didn't hear a word he said because my headset was half way off my head!!

A one sided conversation of a rep dealing with a customer who was a little hard of hearing:
Rep: Hello... HELLO... May I speak to Mark please?... Yes, hello... No... I'm looking for Mark... MARK... Pardon?... NO, I'M NOT THE ONE DELIVERING THE FOOD... IS MARK THERE?

Rep: Hello. May I speak to Rick please?
Cardholder: ...Not here.
Rep: Ok, may I ask whom I'm speaking too?
Cardholder: Uh...(long pause) Daniel. (hangs up)

Answering machine: Hi! Well, we still have a home, and a phone!! Leave us a message!!

1 comment:

Mark said...

Brooke, your post made me laugh so hard! As a waiter I understand illogical people, but your job takes it to a whole new level! Thanks for making my day with your funny work experiences, I encourage you to let us know about more of them. Not only will you make us laugh, but I'm sure it will be therapeutic as well. Take care,
Mark

 

Aloha Ke Akua - "God Is Love" | Creative Commons Attribution- Noncommercial License | Dandy Dandilion Designed by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates